Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Lawsuit
Camp Lejeune is one of the Marine Corps’ biggest facilities. Over the years, nearly a million people have passed through, and for decades they drank contaminated water. Americans like to say how much we support the military. But in this case, the Marines poisoned their troops, families, employees, and contractors for decades. Legislation is pending that may give injured parties the ability to sue the federal government in federal court to get help.
ZeroRisk Cases® goes beyond conventional digital marketing.
We offer two different levels of Top-Quality Camp Lejeune signed cases.
- Standard cases are delivered with a signed retainer and any other document that requires signature.
- ZeroRisk Signed Retainer Cases are delivered complete with medical records, medical record evaluation, and SF-95. If for any reason the Claimant does not meet the criteria or decides not to pursue the case, we will replace the Claimant at no additional cost. ZERO RISK TO THE ATTORNEY!
How Do We Obtain Camp Lejeune Cases?
1. We use AI-based Behavioral Intent Targeting to create exclusive Camp LeJeune injury leads from Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and data mining using our proprietary software and strategy. This targeting puts effective advertising in front of those actively tracked online as acting like someone coping with an injury that may have been caused by contaminated water at Camp LeJeune.
2. The Camp Lejeune Advantage-Marines helping Marines!
We are calling it the Camp Lejeune Trident because we have three unconventional ways to secure cases.
A. Once a Marine, always a Marine. Ron Lasorsa, a partner in ZeroRisk Cases® and former Marine, will deliver an unfair advantage for any law firm.
Some quick facts:
- Ron Lasorsa is a US Naval Academy graduate and a former Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune from 1990-1994. Lasorsa and his family were directly affected by the toxic exposure.
- Ron was the Commanding General’s Aide-de-Camp and had first-hand knowledge of the contaminated water supply during his tenure.
- The contamination continued beyond the years of the new law based on subsequent soil tests. Ron reported the contamination test results up the chain of command.
- Ron is uniquely connected to Marines through his US Naval Academy and USMC service networking that he continues to this day.
- Lasorsa is leveraging this personal experience and his extensive veteran’s social network to expand awareness by word of mouth without violating North Carolina’s restrictions on Attorney advertising.
We are generating signed cases using a massive viral marketing campaign using Lasorsa’s extensive email list and social and direct connections.
Ron’s background allows us to reach out and locate Marines and family members who had exposure or know of other Marines who had been exposed to the contaminated water while stationed at Camp Lejeune, all without using any broadcast or social media marketing.
In addition, we utilize our network of stay at home Military Spouses to conduct social marketing campaigns to connect directly with victims of Camp Lejeune water contamination. Our social media marketing Military Spouses Team reach out to potential Camp Lejeune Water Contamination victims on:
The Marine networking strategy is compelling and without political implications and without breaching the strict North Carolina advertising rules so often violated by lead generation agencies.
Running a viral marketing campaign is a very powerful strategy in obtaining the best qualified cases for this campaign.
B. Lasorsa has developed an alternate lead origination strategy using medical diagnosis codes that is significantly more efficient than traditional attorney advertising. As a result, we are more effective in identifying the more than 40 different types of illness associated with exposure to the toxins.
C. The Victory Fund’s registered securities offerings provide an ethical safe harbor to saturate TV, radio, and internet with advertising outlining these advantages to potential Claimants and deliver cases no other group can.
What is Camp Lejeune?
Camp Lejeune takes almost 250 square miles in Onslow County, North Carolina. It first opened in 1942. It’s a Marine base of operations, and various members of the armed forces train there. Camp Lejeune has its own water system to supply everyone at the base.
What Contaminated the Water?
In the early 1980s, Camp Lejeune underground water storage tanks were found to be contaminated with the volatile organic compounds perchloroethylene (PCE), trichloroethylene (TCE), and vinyl chloride. The camp has two water facilities, the Hadnot Point Treatment Plant and the Tarawa Terrace Treatment Plant.
These toxic chemicals were found at very high levels in both plants:
- TCE was found at Hadnot Point. The multi-purpose chemical is a colorless and odorless liquid. The military used it as a degreaser and solvent for cleaning weapons and equipment.
- PCE was found at Tarawa Terrance. PCE is a clear liquid primarily used in the commercial dry-cleaning industry. The contamination came from a nearby dry-cleaning business
The contamination started in 1957 and ceased in 1985 when the affected wells were shut down.
How Were People Affected?
Chemicals in Camp Lejeune Water-Linked to Cancer
The industrial chemicals that were contaminating the Camp Lejeune water supply are known to be very toxic to the human body and have been linked to cancer, birth defects, and neurologic disorders. Scientific and medical evidence has shown that chronic exposure to the chemicals TCE and PCE can cause increased rates of certain types of cancer.
The types of cancer that have been scientifically linked to the consumption of harmful chemicals contaminating the water at Camp Lejeune include:
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Myelodysplastic syndrome
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Exposure to these chemicals has also been linked to other health conditions including aplastic anemia (and other myelodysplastic syndromes) and neurologic disorders such as Parkinson’s disease.
Non-Cancer Camp Lejeune Injuries
The science and medical evidence continue to build linking other injuries besides cancer.
- Birth Defects
- Birth Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Cardiac Defect
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Neurobehavioral Effects
- Plastic anemia and other bone marrow conditions
- Renal Toxicity
- Hepatic Steatosis
- ALS (Lou Gerhig’s Disease)
- Parkinson’s Disease
Contaminated Water at Camp Lejeune Caused Birth Defects
Birth defects are one of the big tragedies of Camp Lejeune. Over the years, thousands of pregnant women were exposed to toxic water at Camp Lejeune. In 2013, the CDC released the results of a study that confirmed that children who were born to mothers that lived on Camp Lejeune or drank the water supply had four times the rate of birth defects such as spina bifida.
The CDC also indicated that children who were exposed to the contaminated Camp Lejeune water during fetal gestation had an increased risk of developing childhood cancers like leukemia. These same children may also end up having a higher risk of adult cancer.
What’s the Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022?
The Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022, passed and signed into law, allows service members and their families to seek compensation for the illnesses and injuries they suffered because of Camp Lejeune’s contaminated water.
Those eligible can claim health care and disability benefits. They include those residing at the camp for at least 30 days between August 1, 1953, and December 31, 1987. Claimants will have the burden of proving a connection between their conditions or injuries and the camp’s contaminated water.
Who Will Be Covered?
The lawsuit could be filed by:
- A veteran, reservist, guardsman, or their legal representative
- Their spouses and ex-spouses (under certain conditions)
- Their biological child (living at the time or in utero) and stepchild
- Civilian contractors (who worked at the camp during the time in question)
- If they spent at least 30 consecutive days at Camp Lejeune within the 34-year period
The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates over 1 million people were possibly exposed to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.
How We Can Help Build Your Camp LeJeune Water Contamination Docket?
Whether you want these cases to supplement your caseload or your goal is to make them a major part of your practice, ZeroRisk Cases® can help. Our cutting-edge AI-based Behavioral Intent Targeting can provide your firm with a consistent number of exclusive signed cases.
ZeroRisk Cases® makes it easier for you to build your Camp LeJeune injury docket:
- Campaigns are easily scaled up to generate more claimants
- Leads are qualified, so you won’t waste your time with people who’ll never be your clients
- We confirm their contact information
- Our trained paralegals evaluates these leads
These people are seeking legal help, so you won’t waste your time and money on ineffective marketing.
How Does Our Process Work?
We generate interest in people seeking legal help because of injuries caused by Camp LeJeune water contamination. We’ll pass onto you only those willing and able to obtain legal representation:
- These future clients respond to our media advertising by calling us or filling out an online contact form
- A lead specialist talks to the person and verifies their information
- If the lead qualifies, we walk them through signing your retainer and supporting documents by eDoc
- Only your firm will get these signed cases
How Does ZeroRisk Cases® Confirm These People Are Right for You?
If you’re seeking plaintiffs with high-value cases, our Signed Camp LeJeune Injury Cases are unmatched in attention to detail and quality. We will discuss with them:
- They or a loved one suffered an injury
- Their connection to Camp LeJeune, what they did there, and when
- Their diagnosis, prognosis, and any treatment
- They don’t have an attorney
ZeroRisk Cases® does this work, not you.
What’s the Next Step to Get Signed Camp LeJeune Clients?
Your firm faces many hurdles when trying to find potential Camp Lejeune clients. Do you have the marketing expertise or the money needed for an effective campaign that will attract qualified prospective clients who will not just “kick the tires” if they speak with you but are committed to taking legal action with you as their attorney?
If your law firm is interested in these cases, ZeroRisk Cases® can provide you with quality, profitable cases from people who want to pursue legal action. Save the money and time needed for in-house marketing and advertising that will probably yield disappointing results. We’ll do the work for you and provide you with potential clients already signed up for legal representation.
We support the people that defend our freedom.
You do the right thing for Marines, we will do the right thing for you.
Find Those Injured by the Camp Lejeune Water Supply Looking for Legal Help
Hundreds of thousands of people may have been exposed to chemical-laced water at Camp Lejeune, including service members, their families, contractors, and employees.
ZeroRisk Cases® can reach future clients ready and willing to retain your legal services.
We help a limited number of law firms. Would you like to be one of them?
Get started before your competitors do. There’s only so many clients we can serve.
CONTACT US FOR A CUSTOM QUOTE.
CALL 833-937-6747 OR USE OUR REQUEST A QUOTE FORM.